Week 15

 What did you learn this week?

I wasn't in lab this week but I learned a lot from my peers and the class slides. To focus on the last phenomenon of the year, we did an experiment using baking soda and vinegar. The purpose was to analyze the chemical reaction and the new substance it produced. My group did the balloon experiment to answer the guiding question, "How does the amount of baking soda in the experiment effect the size of the balloon?". The control of our experiment was the amount of vinegar because we kept it the same. We changed the amount of baking soda used and observed the changes. 

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

It was a little confusing for me to analyze the experiment without doing it hands on. But, based on the results I was a little confused. I know that baking soda and vinegar cause a chemical reaction creating bubbles/fizz based on our previous experiments in lab. Knowing this, I assumed the balloon would inflate the most with larger amounts of baking soda and vinegar. Based on the results from lab, this hypothesis was incorrect. I am confused why the biggest balloon had the least amount of baking soda. 

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew? 

Yes, I was able to relate what I learned to some of the previous labs. For example, I learned about the chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar. In previous labs I have experimented with this combination before. I knew there was a reaction but it was in this weeks lab that I learned more about the explanation behind the chemical reaction. 

Uploading: 1115136 of 4328466 bytes uploaded.

Uploading: 371712 of 4328466 bytes uploaded.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Blog

Week 11 Blog

Week 9 Blog